HoneyLuv Design Website
July 30, 2018
Freelance Web & Graphic Designer
Implement a new website into a content management system to make maintenance and content updates easy to manage by the client, Renee Davis. The goal of the website will be to showcase her creative capabilities and styles, as well as available art for sale. The look and functionality of the site will be responsive and work equally well on a desktop computer or mobile device. It will incorporate the clean, modern design and content ideas from www.emyoart.com and www.caroline-boykin.com without copying those sites. Basic SEO is needed to reach a targeted audience and drive traffic that to the site.
To address the issues above, Susan DiFelice will work with Renee to design the look-and-feel and create the site architecture. Susan will build the website design and functionality in a SquareSpace platform with eCommerce enabled that will allow site visitors to purchase art from Renee.
- Project Proposal
- Visual Design materials
- Information architecture (IA)
- Working Mockup of the homepage
- Website prototype in ?development? environment for testing and review purposes
- Production-ready website.
- Training with simple user documentation
- Close examination of the current marketing material
- Clear, simple navigation system
- Professional, polished look-and-feel
- No surprises with technical logistics, content migration, etc. This will be achieved with strong communication between the HoneyLuv Design website redesign project manager Renee Davis and Susan DiFelice
- All milestones are met according to the project schedule
- The project is delivered within the timeline and budget
- Website and CMS platform should be intuitive and easy-to-use by website visitors and site owner, Renee Davis
- Selected Squarespace platform should be able to support all current website needs
Based on our Identity & Assessment findings, it is agreed that the following features are preliminarily defined as in scope for this project.
New website for HoneyLuv Design, including:
- Information architecture (site structure) with clear, intuitive paths to key content
- Working mockup of home page and website build in a development SquareSpace environment
- Site construction and integration in a SquareSpace platform with eCommerce enabled
- Modern design?based on the logo design and colors provided by Renee, with a similar design and user experience to emyoart.com and caroline-boykin.com
- Integration with existing HoneyLuv Design Instagram feed
- Allow customers to view and purchase available art for sale using the following categories:
- Abstracts, Coastals, and Blue & White, with a HoneyLuv Clutch Collection placeholder section
- Provide information about custom commissions, custom home paintings, silhouettes and logo/branding development with price list information, and information on how to get in contact with Renee to initiate those projects
- Add the following SEO Tools:
- Add SEO Page Titles, Meta Descriptions and Focus Keywords
- Install SSL for the https SEO security advantage and to protect eCommerce transactions
- Add alt text for images and add header tags ? H1, H2, H3 etc.
- Mobile friendly/responsive website
- Basic training and simple user documentation
Out of Scope
Based on our Identity & Assessment findings, it is agreed that the following features are preliminarily defined as out of scope for this project:
- Custom application development
- Multimedia development such as Flash (slideshow functionality may be made available)
- Complex Forms (beyond simple “contact us” form)
- Google AdWords or social media campaigns
- Writing blog posts or new stories
Assumptions, Roles & Responsibilities
The following are assumptions Susan DiFelice is making going into the project.
Client will be responsible for the following:
- Provide branding materials such as logo design, graphics, images and colors
- Deliver all website content, including text and photos, in a timely fashion for the project to proceed on schedule
- Provide Susan DiFelice with all necessary information to successfully complete this project
- Sign-off on all appropriate milestone deliverables for each project phase
- Providing feedback in a timely fashion according to the project schedule
- Provide the Instagram login account info necessary to pull the HoneyLuv feed into SquareSpace
- Provide necessary account information to set up online store
Susan DiFelice will be responsible for the following:
- Provide regular status updates
- Communicate timeline and budget estimate refinements throughout the project life-cycle
- Participate in requirements gathering
- Construction of graphics, layouts, and themes
- Build website functionality in SquareSpace
- Migrate content provided by Renee Davis into the new website
- Web usability and accessibility review
- Maintain current project plan and schedule
These responsibilities and activities may adjust through the course of the project as appropriate.
Budget & Timeline Estimates
The proposed project budget serves as a good faith estimate based on information known prior to the start of the project. Project priorities and estimates may change due to an increase or decrease in the project scope and any unforeseen circumstances. If an increase in the estimated costs is expected, Susan DiFelice will communicate the increase with explanation in writing to the client.
The Budget Estimation does not include ongoing maintenance. Web development work requested but not outlined by this contract will be negotiated separately and billed at a discounted hourly rate of $70/hour. The budget and timeline estimate assumes a start date of August 31, 2018. Completion dates assume the client has a dedicated project point of contact who provides feedback in a timely fashion.
|Project Phase:||Best Case Scenario||Expected Case||Worst Case Scenario|
|Totals||18 hrs||$1260||09/24/18||25 hrs||$1750||09/26/18||29 hrs||$2030||10/01/18|
The Client shall reimburse Susan DiFelice for all direct and indirect Billable Expenses arising from this project, regardless of whether the project is Cancelled or Terminated. Billable Expenses include but are not limited to costs of commissioning images, fonts or software license costs. These will be billed at cost, and Susan DiFelice will get approval for any expenses that will exceed $50 for the project.
Payment of Accounts
It is policy that any accounts for work carried out by Susan DiFelice are required to be paid in full upon delivery of the project unless by prior arrangement are made. If invoices are not paid within 30 days of completion, interest of 5% a month will be applied to any late payments.
- Deposit/ Project Kickoff: 50% of the Expected Case cost
- Project Completion: Remainder of amount billed at $70/hr
Post-release enhancements, changes and support are billed at a discounted hourly rate of $70/hour.
Site Testing & Browser Compatibility
Susan DiFelice will make every good faith effort to test the deliverables thoroughly and make all necessary corrections as a result of such testing prior to handing over the deliverables to the Client. She will endeavor to ensure that any developed/designed site will function correctly on the server it is initially installed on and that it will function correctly when viewed with modern versions of browsers, tablets and mobile devices. Susan can offer no guarantees of correct function with all browser software or devices.
Susan DiFelice shall contact or meet with the Client on a mutually acceptable schedule to report all tasks completed, problems encountered, and recommended changes relating to the development and testing of the site. She shall inform the Client promptly by telephone or e-mail upon discovery of any event or problem that may delay the submission of any milestone deliverables by more than 7 calendar days.
Terms and Conditions
- Once the fee is paid in full, any elements of text, graphics, photos, contents, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to
Susan DiFelice for inclusion in the website are owned by you.
- Susan DiFelice assumes you have the permission from the rightful owner(s) to use any images or design elements that are
provided by you for inclusion in the website, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend Susan DiFelice from any claim or
suit arising from the use of such elements.
- Susan DiFelice retains the right to display graphics and other Web content elements as examples of their work in her
portfolio and as content features in other projects. Susan DiFelice also retains the right to place a discreet text link at the
bottom of the website page(s).
The signature of the client shall be evidence of acceptance of these terms.
[contact-form-7 id=”205821″ title=”Project Proposal Form”]